| ♕ | Le Palais de l’Isle - Annecy, France | by Michele*mp
The Palais de l’Isle, also called the “old prison” was the residence of the Lords of Annecy from the 12th century, the stronghold on the island become an administrative centre when the counts of Geneva came to Annecy.
The Palace became a prison since it had been used in the Middle Ages, and that condition has continued until 1865. “The island palace” was listed as a Historical Monument, dating back to 1900. Then converted its role to the historic museum in 1952, today it houses the “Architecture and Heritage Centre” of Haute-Savoie.